The Isolator (further “Isolator” or “device”) is an unaddressed device designed for installation in SLC or RS-485 interface line, formed by the Control Panel Astra Pro.
The Isolator is designed for automatic isola-tion of an SLC segment or a section of the RS-485 interface line (with extender), in which a short circuit has occurred. The Isolator is de-signed to protect and maintain the system operability in case of a single failure of the SLC line, to accelerate the search for the location of the failure.
The Isolator is powered by:
- in SLC - the Extender through the SLC power circuit,
- in RS-485 interface - the nearest Extender power supply circuit.
In case of power failure, the recovery of the Isolator SLC power line occurs when the power supply voltage is higher than 15 V.
- installation in an signaling line (SLC) or RS-485 interface, formed by the Astra-8945 Pro or Astra-812 Pro control panel;
- isolator power supply:
- when working in SLC - from a signaling line extender (RPA) through the SLC power supply circuit,
- when working in the RS-485 interface - from the power supply circuit of the nearest expansion unit;
- changing the operating modes of the isolator using the Astra-942 laser tester.
||7.5 to 27.6 V DC
|Maximum cable cross-section for connecting to terminals
||from -30 to +55 °С
|Relative air humidity
||up to 93% at +40°С (without moisture condensation)