Signaling line extender
The RPA is designed to collect information from two SLC lines by
polling all registered addressable devices one by one for changes in
the state and transmitting this information via the RS-485 interface to the control panel.
1.1 The RPA is designed to collect information from two SLC lines by polling all registered addressable devices one by one for changes in the state and transmitting this information via the RS-485 interface to the control panel.
1.2 The number of RPA connected to one control panel - up to 16* pcs. (If the built-in radio module of the Control Panel is disabled).
1.3 RPA consists of:
- two RS-485 communication interfaces with built-in isolators for connecting to the control panel* and organizing a ring interface,
- two independent SLC interfaces with built-in short circuit isolators: SLC1 and SLC2,
- power supply for addressable devices of two SLC with overload protection,
- USB port for firmware update.
1.4 RPA provides isolation of the SLC section, the RS-485 interface, in which a short circuit has occurred.
1.5 RPA provides a setting of the SLC operation mode:
- “Ring SLC1-SLC2" mode (by default) - connection of up to 250 (no more than 96 "Astra-BRA" and no more than 96 "Astra-BPA" for one RPA and Control Panel) addressable devices in the "ring" topology, the length of the SLC ring is up to 1000 m;
- "Individually SLC1 and SLC2" - connection of up to 250 addressable devices in each SLC (but not more than 250 in total), with the length of each SLC up to 1000 m.
1.6 RPA supports up to 32* isolators to one SLC. In each formed SLC segment (between adjacent isolators or between an isolator and RPA) there should be no more than 32 addressable devices. The cable length in a segment should not exceed 200 m.
1.7 Recommended wires for SLC: cable with two pairs of twisted cores (pairs arranged in parallel), core cross-section from 0.35 to 2.5 sq. mm. For security systems, it is permissible to use a UTP 4×2×0.5 cables. Recommended wire type to ensure maximum range for SLC in fire systems
is FRLS (FRHF, FRLSLtx), 2×2×0.5
1.8 RPA has two independent power inputs (main and backup) and automatically switches from the main input to the backup and back when the voltage drops.
RPA is powered from external redundant power sources with a rated voltage of 12 V or 24 V.
|Supply voltage||11 to 27 V|
|Current consumption (without connected devices)||100 mA|
|Average current consumption of RPA with connected addressable devices in the amount of N pcs. calculated according to the formula:|
|when powered by 12 V||200+0.8*N mA|
|when powered by 24 V||100+0.4*N mA|
|Output voltage||27 V|
|Boot time||10 sec|
|Maximum cable cross section for connection to terminal blocks||2.5 sq. mm|
|Overall dimensions||136x85x38 mm|
|Temperature||from -30 to +55 °С|
|Relative air humidity||up to 93% at +40°С (without moisture condensation)|